Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mom's Day!

Dear Momma P,

First of all, I am so sorry that I couldn't come home this weekend (or even just today). 24 years ago, God decided he would bless you and Daddy with a wonderful, intelligent little girl and you made that little girl believe that she was capable of doing anything in the world that she wanted to do. Well Mom, I decided I wanted to be a vet, and you believed in it more than I did. And now instead of spending mother's day with you, I'm hanging out with my beloved computer, notebook and textbook with my delicious Venti-sized coffee at the library. So the fact that I can't come home for mother's day is actually all your fault.

You are the best mother a kid could ask for. You've given us everything we could ever have wanted and so much more. I'd be willing to bet that you didn't want to spend all your weekends at swim meets, softball games, volleyball games... cheerleading (yikes)... rowing, or the other 1000's of things that we did did growing up. But you and Daddy did, and I love you so much for giving us your time and encouragement and support. I couldn't be where am I today without you and I hope to be able to be that kind of mother when I (eventually) have kids.

Love always,
your daughter.

P.S. I'm still waiting on that pony I always wanted.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you honey. I'm very happy to take the blame. I'm so very proud of you and your determintion.
    I love you so much.

    Mom

    ReplyDelete