Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Last Day of Class

Today is the last day of class. I have to say, the last day of first year is pretty anti-climatic. I mean, I walked in this morning expecting congratulatory signs, streamers, balloons and noise makers. I'll just pretend that they forgot that today was the last day. But actually, we did have a mini potluck where a bunch of us brought in food that we put in the front of the room that the whole class could pick from throughout the day. And then we got out of immunology two hours early. So, it was actually a pretty nice day. I write to you from our last class of Behavior. The reason I can do this is because a good portion of what she says is pretty subjective and her own personal opinion. The rest of the time she is plugging her own books. I realize that the only background I possess in this field is pretty limited, but many of her methods do not make logical sense. For example - if I had a puppy (which, thank God, Jazz is almost 2 years old now) I would chastise it if I caught him/her urinating in the house. I wouldn't allow it to finish and place it calmly outside onto the grass without giving him/her a firm NO. But I digress.

At this point, only 5 finals stand between the first years and freedom. FREEDOM. I guess Behavior counts as a final, and Nutrition is actually open note so... three real finals separate school and summer. I can't wait. We (almost) made it!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats. Finishing the first year is a big deal! Good luck on year two. I graduated in 2004 from Missouri. You can check out my blog if you like-there are veterinary and non-veterinary adventures there. (for the vet stuff, scroll down to the list on the right of vet related posts)

    ReplyDelete