Sunday, May 3, 2009

Finals Woes

Twelve days. That is all that stands between VM 2012 and being second years. I spent the morning in lab, poring over half horse heads and half ox heads and two complete horse heads. Its very Godfather like. I imagine I'll have dreams of waking up in the morning and finding Fancy's head in bed with me. Fancy is/was our pony. Our very dead, reeking of fixative, beloved "race" pony, although we only have her head left to remember her by.

I know that we are all beginning to be at each other's throats, myself included. My patience is wearing very thin, but I hope that we can make it through the next twelve days without killing each other with the 24 size blades we have stashed in our lab drawers. If we can do that, then vacation will be lovely and we can start over in August.

Part of what is stressing me out is my stellar ability to over commit myself. As I wrote that, I remembered that I had an OTS dinner to go to from 5-7 pm today. It is now 8:12 pm. Oops.

Anyway, I had treatments for Wildlife on Friday plus orphan feedings that night. Now, I really enjoy Wildlife usually, but at the end of this past week, the last thing I wanted to do was go back to school at 8 pm after being out at the farm for a couple hours with the dogs. But I did and I did my first Wildlife related euthanasia on an orphan bunny that was dehydrate and probably hypoglycemic. That poor little guy just wasn't going to make it and I helped him get to bunny heaven to meet up with his momma (which is probably the reason the entire litter ended up dying later that night as well). At least they weren't stolen orphans. I feel bad for those little guys that get brought in because someone thinks they were abandoned when that is usually not the case.

Que sera, sera.

No comments:

Post a Comment