Saturday, June 12, 2010

I'm still a bad blogger.

I love reading other blogs - I check for updates daily. For whatever reason, I've been really bad at keeping up with my own blog, which is weird since I have written diaries/journals for the majority of my life! I am going to make a conscious effort to write and to let you in to the realities of veterinary school and the daily life of a veterinary student - as well as talking about the loves of life (my fiance - KJ, the animals, running, etc).

Anywho - summer is here! What a long and twisty road this past year was! I ended up with pretty great grades considering how difficult spring semester was. The funny thing is that for most of the classes, I had the lowest percentage possible to achieve the letter grade I wanted - but hey, I still did it!

This summer, I am working in the diagnostic lab at school (my regular school year job) and working at my fiance's mom's animal hospital just east of where we live and go to school. It was a large adjustment going from a sedentary student lifestyle to being on our feet all day at work but I'm getting in the groove now and really starting to enjoy it. There have been a number of interesting cases (rodenticide toxicity, possible Blasto case, and many moore) and KJ and I have been getting to "play doctor" and doing a lot of the pre-op bloodwork along anything else they let us do.

I'm starting marathon training in a couple weeks - it is a 16 week program and the goal is the Indianapolis marathon on October 16th. Side goal is to lose about 10 pounds before vacation in August :) KJ and I have been lifting/running in the mornings before work and its going pretty well so far, so I really hope that continues.

The animals are great as always. Still keeping an eye out for any lumps or bumps on Ben (our pti bull). He had a low grade 2 mast cell tumor removed from his scrotum late last year, so he doesn't have that lovely "flap" anymore!

That is life for right now. The dogs are whining at me so I guess its time for dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment