Thursday, February 3, 2011

The Great Midwest Blizzard of 2011...

... was awesome! We didn't get nearly the same amount of snow as my parents did, up near Chicago (only 12 inches here) - but the ice and thundersnow combination was enough to historically close the University of Illinois - for the fourth time in 30 years. What did we do? I fed the animal at the normal time (6:15), slept again until 9, then woke up and worked on our now take-home nutrition exam (Bless you Dr. P). Rewind to Tuesday at 3 (nutrition class). Dr. P walks in and announces that he has good news... and good news. The first? No class that day - the storm had already started and conditions were getting nasty to drive in (class also goes till 5, so sometimes it is dark when we leave class on Tuesdays/Thursdays). The second - he would be giving his first ever take home exam. Granted, Dr. P's exams are pretty basic and simple to begin with - this class is kind of goofy because we already took nutrition first year... and this class is very similar to that one. I think he recognizes that most of our classes can be incredibly difficult and tries to make his easier on us - and in turn, we adore him. If I get a 100% on the exam, I get an A in the class (apparently equine nutrition didn't go so hot for me) - and 100% is completely doable, I just have three questions that I'm not completely sure about, so those need to be looked up still.
Continuing on with snow day - KJ woke up at 11:30 (boy, he must have been tired!) and we snow-suited up and took the pups on a chilly walk outside. The pups didn't love it, but we had fun and made snow angels in the front yard. Our dogs are big babies - they even had their winter coats on. We shoveled for a little bit (even though most of it had been done by the nice old neighbor's snow blower - our neighbor is great) then watched movies and ordered chinese food and hung out in the living room until late last night. Overall - very good snow day. Bad diet day - but I have a 5 mile run to get me going at some point today. With the weather at 0 degrees, I think I'll stick to the treadmill...

No comments:

Post a Comment