Monday, February 7, 2011

Shy might have a home!

I don't want to get my hopes completely up, but a friend's sister and her fiance are taking Shy on a "trial run". They came tonight to pick her up! I didn't want to even say it out loud, but now that they actually have her with them, I feel like I can breathe a small sigh of relief. KJ and I went over to the animal hospital to meet with them tonight and to have KJ's mom go over all of the vet info. Our friend JU came with... because her sister is the one taking Shy! Hopefully this means that we will stay updated with her and get to know how she settles in with them! I had to hold back my tears - full of hope and joy for her, knowing that she is going to a real home that really wants to love her and take care of her. At the same time, she has filled such a part of my heart that I will miss her so much. I have gotten used to her being in my daily thoughts and actions... maybe now I can concentrate a little more on school, since that's what my $40,000 a year loans are paying for!

Trying to post pictures, but its not working - I'll update soon when it works!

2 comments:

  1. So glad to hear!! We are so happy the Power of the Paw has been able to help Shy!! We're also glad to see you have experienced what a wonderful family and support system the blogger community can be!! Please keep us updated on Shy!!!

    ~hugs~

    Jess & Lilo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww - such great news!! Your care of her and the emotions you put into her are all evidence of someone who will make a wonderful vet. We need more like you (I know, I've been a vet tech for 6 years;)
    Please keep us updated on Shy!!

    ReplyDelete